I was cleaning my apartment, packing things up, throwing things away and getting sad in the process. I am gonna miss Duluth . . . I truly love this city. I found this poem on my bulletin board, it has been there for years, but it was good to sit and read it again:
A women will get only what she seeks
Choose your goals carefully
Know what you like
and what you do not like
Be critical about what you can do well
and what you cannot do well
Choose a career or lifestyle that interests you
and work hard to make it a success
but also have fun in what you do
Be honest with people and help them if you can
but don't depend on anyone
to make life easy or happy for you
(only you can do that for yourself)
Be strong and decisive
but remain sensitive
Understand who you are
and what you want in life
before sharing your life with someone
When you are ready to enter a relationship
make sure that the person is worthy of
everything you are physically and mentally
Strive to achieve all that you want
Find happiness in everything you do
Love with your entire being
Love with uninhibited soul
Make a triumph
of every aspect
of life
-Susan Polis Shultz
I have had an amazing five years, if I could go back and do it again, I think I would. . . and I wouldn't change a thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Oh Amanda, that makes me cry. I am so happy and proud of you. You have accomplished so much these past 5 years. And not to mention how much you have grown. Hearing you say you would do it all over again-just makes it all so worth while. Bitter-sweet is true. Duluth has been your home away from home. You've got some great memories to take with you. Just rememaber, Duluth will always be there for you to go back to-for part of you will always be there too. "It's been a good ride" - and now you get to move on to the next one. And without a doubt you will continue to go after your goals and along the way accomplish great things. I love you tons. mom
Hey Amanda, I think that the poem was written just for you. Its great you share it with others. Congrats on your accomplishments and staying true to yourself.
Love, Auntie J
Welcome to blogland! Can I add a link on my page to yours?
Congrats on the end of your college career. What an accomplishment!
Sista,
I can't believe it! I never believed that time actually flew until I blinked and the past five years were gone! We'll maybe not that fast, but it sure seems like it! I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments! You are such a strong and dedicated young lady...I couldn't ask for a better friend, thank you for everything! It will be so much fun to have you as a part time roomie this summer, I am stoked! Continue to follow your heart, go out and show 'em what you got, do what you love and love what you do! I support You! Congratulations on EVERYTHING!
Love,
Angie
wuh-oh! two angies. :) what fun this is! in any case, this is cousin angie and i just wanted let you know that yes, you will remember your last days FOREVER. and you will always want to cry when you think of them. these are some of the most amazing years of your life, and look what you did!! i hope you're proud. you should be.
love you so much, and i hope you find that the years that follow will only be as sweet (if not sweeter) than these.
plus ... no homework is a huge bonus. i'm just saying.
Post a Comment